The Workshop: One Month Later

OK, so it's been nearly a month since I finished my painting workshop with John Poon at The Greenbrier. It's also been a month since I posted to my blog. I've been painting, but not my small blog pieces. I've been working on some larger works and doing a lot of study and reading.

So what was the most important thing I learned from my workshop? I'm glad you asked, it has to be that I have a lot to learn. I had a great time. I mean come on, it doesn't get much better than spending a week just painting and to top if off, just painting at The Greenbrier.  The road to becoming a better artist begins with finding out what you don't know. I now feel that I'm headed down the right path. I just need to keep working.

I also realized that I hadn't posted the final paintings that I did at the workshop, so I'm posting them all in order of completion. These are not finished works. They're more akin to colors studies. Looking back at these, I think its easy to see progress, and I feel I certainly got my money's worth. The last painting is a value study we completed the last day, so no color in that.










Comments

Popular Posts