Day 54

I've been really lazy and de-motivated since the holidays. I've tried several times to rekindle my painting passion and maintain it. If you've been following my blog, you've seen that I've not been too successful. It's not helping that I've taken a few steps backward since my layoff. It's a lot easier to keep up a consistent schedule when the painting is going well. The last two weeks have not went well. 

Tonight's offering is a "back to the basics" painting. I'm getting away from the photos and back to painting from life. I need to stick with this for awhile. Simple, uncomplicated compositions allow me to concentrate more on the painting process and planning my approach to each piece. Sometimes at night, I worry about how late it is or if I'll get to bed at a decent time. Keeping these simple will hopefully alleviate that issue. I also haven't been able to keep to my 1 hour painting time frame. I'm going to forget about that for now and concentrate on the painting itself. I think this will get me back on track.


Three Tubes and a Brush


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts