Day 80

On our trip to the beach this year, I wanted to make sure I did some sort of artwork while on vacation. I took a sketch book and pencils with me everyday as we packed for the walk to the water. Though some days I did nothing, I did manage to do some work. 

As everyone knows, seagulls can be a pest at the beach. Drop some food, or god forbid, throw some food toward one, and you'll suddenly have a whole flock giving you the stink eye. 

This year I discovered a new appreciation for these birds. They actually will stand still for you while you're drawing them. For anyone that's drawn outdoors, sketching people without them knowing (or as I like to refer to them as "Non-Paid Models") can be difficult. It teaches you to sketch quickly, because, unless they're sleeping, people do not seem to stay in one position very long. These birds will stand in the same position for minutes at a time if there is a remote possibility that food will soon arrive. I filled pages of my sketch book with my new friends.

Sold


Model for Hire


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts