Food For Thought Part 1

My Uncle Ernie from Florida, who has done a lot for me over the years, recently requested a couple of paintings for himself when he arrives this week for his yearly visit to West Virginia. He was born and raised in West Virginia, but has lived in Florida since the early 70s. When he visits, my Mom always cooks food he can't get in the sunshine state. So, when your favorite uncle says "I want paintings of my favorite West Virginia food, beans and cornbread and hot dogs with chili and slaw for my kitchen" you naturally have two of your meals for the week set. Then a dilemma, "Do I paint first or eat first?"

So without further ado, I present painting number 1. West Virginia Beans and Cornbread (with green onions on the side).  A little blurry on the photo, sorry.



6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts