Day 5

So, obviously this isn't day 5. As I go through the process I retain the right to adjust expectations accordingly. 

I think I made a slight breakthrough today. This piece is much more spontaneous and clean. I'd like to note that this was the third version of this painting today. The first two died a horrible death. I was determined to paint until I was satisfied.

I'd also like to mention that I entered a couple of paintings in a juried art show this weekend. My first ever attempt. Wish me luck.

Side note: part of the reason I'm a few days behind on my paintings is that I had to build a frame for a 48" x 36" piece that I entered in the show. If you've ever had to purchase a frame for a canvas that large, you'll understand why I built my own.

Pepper and Pears

6" x 6", oil on canvas board

Comments

  1. Well...I like it and I also new the first day was oranges. Way to go Michael, my favorite designer. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with your mad talent! Are you selling any of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your thought process! I was going to start offering them for sale once I got up to speed with the painting process. I think the last two I've completed would be worthy. If anyone is interested, I'd sell the 6" x 6" daily studies for $40 a piece. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

    Since you started the ball rolling, will I owe you a commission fee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No commission needed, but save this one for me! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like think this will go with the smiling fruit I own, and it needs more company to keep smiling.
    I have been going through the blog to view paintings in fruit bowls or pictures of fruit. CaroleD Cline (Laura Ellis sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts