Day 85

Who would have thought something so small, could fight so well. These cherries kicked my a$$ last night. At one point I sent my daughters upstairs because they were "interrupting my concentration" and it was affecting my painting. In reality I was lost in the detail again and the painting was going nowhere.

So I put down my brush and took a few steps back and spent a good 5 minutes just looking at this monster I had created. "Ah-hah, I had forgotten to squint!" Squinting removes the detail and helps to simplify the subject. So instead of dropping this into the trash can, I just started painting over my mistakes. You'd think after nearly a year of these daily paintings I wouldn't forget to squint.

After finishing I apologized to my girls and let them know that it wasn't "their fault" that my painting wasn't going well.

To finish off the evening in grand style, I ate these trouble-makers. That will teach them a lesson. 

Buy it now


And in This Corner...


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts