Painting Workshop Day 4

As an artist, I always hoped that one day the flickering light that reside in my head would some day fully light up. I've been painting off and on for about two years now. Today, as I watch John Poon demo his painting techniques, along with a running dialog, it finally dawned on me what I've been missing. It's hard to put into words, but a lot of the different things we consider as we paint, seem to come into focus for me.

I had just finished a painting this morning (see below), and though I was happy with it, I knew I still was missing something. After the demo, I started my second painting of the day with confidence. I'm not finished yet, but I was able to do a complete, seemingly correct, block in. That may not sound like much to non painters, but it's a big deal.

I still have a long way to go, but I feel as if I finally have a complete road map to follow. I will tell anyone who has a passion for painting, to keep an eye on The Greenbrier's web site (click here), for the next painting workshop. Great location, fantastic atmosphere, world-class instructors, and fun workshop participants. It doesn't get any better than this.

PS: I'll take better photos of these when I get home this weekend.

Early morning painting (excuse the shadow of my arm to the left)



Afternoon block in (I'll finish it in the morning)


Comments

Popular Posts