Day 38

More peppers, yeah. I had a lot of fun with this painting. I was really happy with the composition. But it became a roller coaster ride when I started painting. First it was good, then bad, then good. You get the drift. I did discover something I like doing in this piece. I had first painted the shadows too dark. The peppers and the shadow kind of merged together. The values were too close. So I started adding short streaks of a lighter value into them. A little blue, a little violet. I think that's the best part of the painting.

I'm still having trouble getting good photos. I've said this before, but I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather this weekend to reshoot a lot of my others paintings. Seeing these in person vs. on the blog is frustrating sometimes. I don't want to make any color adjustments that affect the overall image. I want to be true to the original painting. So I will only go so far adjusting the image. Plus, every monitor looks a little different. So what looks good on mine my not look so good elsewhere.


Red Cup, Green Peppers


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts