Day 52

Number 52 was painful. Or should I say number 51 1/2 was painful. You see I was painting last night, but something happened on the way to a finished piece. It morphed into some hideous blob of misshaped strokes of paint. I wouldn't even insult the word painting by call it a painting. So, post hast (very post hast), I wiped it off to start over. I also decided to clean off my palette (a clean start, so to speak). To clean my tempered glass palette, I use a four inch scraper to remove the old paint from it. As I was wiping the blade clean with a paper towel, my thumb slipped. There Will Be Blood. What a great movie, not a great moment in my painting history. So that's what happened to 51 1/2.

By the way, last week started off with much promise. Two days, two nice paintings. Then my wife became sick. Funny, you don't realize how much your wife does around the house and with the kids until you have to start doing it. That killed the rest of the week for me.

I'm not unhappy with tonight's painting. As always, it could be better. My resident critic, Maddie, seemed to like it so that will have to suffice.

SOLD

Early Morning Rose


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts