Day 53

Since last week, I feel as if I'm in a little slump. Last night and tonight's paintings aren't bad, but I seem to have lost my edge since being off so long during the holiday season. I'm not going to be too critical of these works. I'm just going to push forward to work toward better days.

I do think I overworked this one. It's another scene from St. Albans. There is too much going on in it. Painting these scenes have to adhere to what I've learned about "simple is better" in these daily paintings. A lot of times I don't realize this until I've started painting and I always think I can fix it. My next piece will be something a little larger. Maybe an apple. I haven't painted one of those in a while.

By the way, there was an article in the Charleston Daily Mail today about my daily painting blog. Or should I say that my daughter Maddie had an article in the paper today. She managed to find her way into the photo that was taken in my studio. She'll be taking the newspaper to school tomorrow to show her class. Probably won't mention that the story was about her dad.

Sunny Bench


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts