Day 61

This one started out a little rough. But I continued to push through and I'm very happy with the final piece. I've come to realize that being in the correct state of mind before beginning to work, and having the confidence in the end result during the work, are two key elements to a successful conclusion. Sometimes these two simple things are not so simple.

As I began to paint last night, my dog Ollie started barking at some imaginary creature in our front yard. After giving him my instructions to "shut up", which I can't believe he couldn't understand, I had to close the blinds. With a whimper, he followed me downstairs. 

Ahh, now I'm in the correct state of mind.

About an hour into the painting, I heard that familiar voice "This piece isn't going anywhere. Time to start over." But I resisted and plowed forward. One of the advantages of painting with oil....no matter how messy the painting gets, you can always clean it up with a few well placed strokes of paint. 

Confidence is a good thing.

Buy it now

Warm Peppers


6" x 6" oil on gessoboard

Comments

  1. I want to buy this painting and some others I am interested in. Carole D. cline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, send me an email at michael@oldshoecreative.com. This painting is available, the other (Day 5) has been sold. Shoot me an email of what you're interested in and I'll let you know.

    Thanks for your interest and yes, I remember you from last year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts