Day 82

For an artist, hanging out at the beach can be an exciting color-filled experience. Now I realize that anyone can appreciate bright colors, but an artist starts to see these colors as an opportunity to crack open that new tube of paint purchased a few months/years ago. The colors that don't usually come up in everyday studies. Though I've tried to stick with a limited palette for these daily paintings, I was able to finally use my 2 year old, brand new tube of Transparent Oxide Yellow. Oh baby! What I found out is that it's really about the same as Cadmium Yellow Light, which I use about everyday.

Still being relatively new to painting, I have purchased some crazy paint colors over the years. But when I started these daily paintings I made a concerted effort to work with just 8 colors, they are: Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red Medium, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber and White. So basically a warm and a cool version of each color.

PS: I miss the Pro Art & Framing Center that was located on Summers Street in Charleston, WV. It closed over two years ago. Hello Mr. Trail, wherever you are.

My Kingdom For Some Shade


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard.

Comments

Popular Posts