Day 24

First, before I begin, let me say I had every intention of tossing out the peppers last night. When you name a painting "Last of the peppers", you really should send them packing. But here I was scrambling for something for my composition that had some color in it. Oh well, they're in the trash now.

The fog of art. Sometimes that's what it fills like when I'm painting. I've been working toward keeping it simple. Not overworking the paint. I start working and before I know it I've transitioned to a smaller brush and I'm micro-painting. Ugh! So once the fog lifts, I try to go back in and rework my mess and attempted to simplify things. I still seem to have an issue with perspective when it comes to ovals. Like the base of the lamp. I drew it correctly and it looked fine to me when I finished painting. But when I'm preparing this blog entry I notice my mistakes.

I'm confident that when I finally make my way through the forest, I'll finally see the trees...and they'll look like Monet painted them, not Senior MicroTeel.

Aladdin and the dead peppers

6" x 6" oil on gessoboard


Comments

Popular Posts