Day 33

You probably noticed that I didn't post a painting yesterday. If I'm going to miss a day, or two, it's usually at the end of the week. But last night I did in fact paint. "Where's the painting?" you ask. "It's in the trash can!" I answer.

Sometimes the best laid plans do not work out. Last night my "best laid" didn't get out of the drawing stage. I drew, I wiped off. I drew, I wiped off. Some of you might find it hard to believe, but occasionally I need to release some steam. Let's call it a primal scream. Just picture the famous painting. That was me last night. Nothing was working so I put the masterpiece in file 13 and went to bed.

That was my last gessoboard. I had ordered a new batch, but they hadn't arrived yet. So I thought "I might need a break from painting. I'm taking off until the new boards arrive." So when I got home today, there was my new shipment of boards waiting for me. That was "a sign" if there ever was one. This is the result. (I think I'll start screaming ever night)


Washing Apples

6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts