Day 43

First, I want to thank everyone who stopped by my booth at the East End Bazaar this past Saturday. And a special thanks to everyone who purchased one of my paintings. It was great to meet everyone. This was the first time I had rented space and sold paintings. I hope the next time is just as fun.

So this is my first painting since last Wednesday. I spent Thursday and Friday getting ready for the Bazaar and yesterday I was ill. Boohoo. I get it, no excuses. 

There's a lot to like about this piece, and just enough wrong to make me want to repaint it. I struggled a little with the red bowl. One of the reasons I like this bowl is the way the light shines through it and casts a reddish shadow. I've used this bowl in several of my paintings and you'd think I'd have mastered it by now. I thought I'd use these navel oranges before they go bad. I'm very happy with the composition.

Meeting at the Navel Club


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

  1. Michael, it was awesome having you at the East End Bazaar. We'll re-open in April and everyone really looks forward to your participation then. Until then, keep painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts