Day 46

So Monday started off great. Got home a little early. Took care of my home duties. Headed down stairs to paint. "Why, I think I'll paint a couple tonight and get ahead of the curve this week." I thought.

Setup a nice composition. Started to paint. That's when my day went to hell. Nothing I did worked. I painted, then had to wipe it off. "OK, let me take my time." Started again. Ugh! Terrible! Wiped it off. Start over. Ugh! Again, terrible. Nothing was working. I'm done.

Today I thought about what went wrong yesterday, I realized that I didn't "think out" my painting. I need to really examine what I'm about to work on. How would I handle that shadow, that highlight? What color is that reflection?

I've been painting this small pieces since August. I've had some triumphs and many failures. Sometimes it gets frustrating when I still struggle with things I think I should be good at by now. I have to keep telling myself it's only been 4 1/2 months. I'm about to tell you what tonight's painting is. I feel like I need to identify what it is because I'm not sure you'd guess it correctly. So, though I like the composition, my colors are a little off.

Tomatoes on a Table.


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard


Comments

Popular Posts