Day 44

In the immortal words of George Constanza "I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami."

This little holiday snowman composition kick my a$$ tonight. Red is a tough color to deal with. Add white to lighten it up and you get pink. Darken with blue and it can quickly turn brown. I also think I might have the most difficult coffee cups to draw and paint. For some reason I always struggle with the proportions on them. I worked and worked this piece, going way over my normal time limit. Some parts of this one are loose, other parts are way over painted. 

FYI, six of my blog paintings are hanging in the Bluegrass Kitchen on the east end of Charleston. I meet Keeley Steele, the owner, at the Bazaar on Saturday, and she asked if I'd like to display some of my paintings in her restaurant. Very exciting. So, go enjoy a fantastic meal and buy a Michael Teel original. Now that's a great way to spend your lunch hour.

Holiday Snowman with Cups


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

  1. I find you are typically "stuck" with the pigment of red you have.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts