Day 58

Back to the tiny ones.

I really struggled tonight to figure out what to paint. A lot of times, as I'm driving home from work, I'll start to think of ideas. Today's trip was full of traffic (for all my Washington, DC friends, yes, occasionally we have traffic problems in Charleston, WV). I didn't get home until nearly 6pm. I had to take my mini me, Maddie, to guitar lessons. Got home, ate supper, started painting around 8pm. I walked around the house looking for something, anything. I looked like an episode of The Walking Dead.

Suddenly, there it was, inside the china cabinet, my wife's mother's china. A small tea cup. The last time I pulled something out of the cabinet to paint, I received the "You better not break that" look from the wife. I sneaked it downstairs to set up. Well, that's not really true. Because you see, I cannot hide anything from Inspector Elizabeth. She gave me her blessing.

I think it turned out pretty good. Another simple, uncluttered composition. 

SOLD


Tea for One


6" x 6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

  1. I'll have a cup. I love what you're doing Michael and you are so good. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts