Day 64

This is without a doubt the worst photo I've taken in a while. I tried to make the proper adjustments, but nothing seemed to work.

As it sometimes goes, about half way into painting this setup I started thinking that I may have crammed too much into this small size. My goal is to paint with as large a paint brush as possible, which becomes difficult at these small sizes if you have too many moving parts. Subject matter is so important and occasionally I choose poorly. Getting a late start this evening kind of forced my hand, so I may have rushed the composition a little.

Back to my first statement regarding the bad photo, this painting actually has lots of purple and blues in the shadow areas. I could not get the colors to appear in my photo without damaging the rest of the colors. Normally I would re shoot, but it's late and I'm tired, so this will have to do.

FYI, this photo really bothered me, so I woke up this morning to re shoot the painting. Below is the update image.


Something's Smelly


6"x6" Oil on gessoboard

Comments

Popular Posts