My sister's adventure

So, my sister Cathy likes to explore abandon houses she stumbles upon. She discovered this gem earlier in the year and finally convinced my brother and I to go exploring. This house had been empty for quite some time and probably wasn't the safest place to look around in.

For some reason I really connected with the look of this property and managed to shoot a lot of images for upcoming paintings. I really like the dark and light shapes in this composition. It has a nice abstract form to it. My Appalachia Gothic piece was also from the same location.

A neighbor that lives across the street from this home came over and gave us a history of the family that onced lived there. There's a family cemetery in the woods behind the home. Very rural West Virginia.

This will also be in my upcoming show in September.


Dark Stairwell


18" x 24" Oil on canvas

Comments

Popular Posts